Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Love from the Editor.


Love from the Editor
Writing is the best form of therapy, pen to paper, and thoughts to interpretation.  While other children were outside playing, I was in my room with a book, a pen and a paper.  I started keeping a journal at seven years old and was blessed enough to have parents who saw my passion and gift and helped nurture it.  

I attended Cal State Northridge and received my degree in journalism with an emphasis in broadcast. Discovering, writing, and telling the news is where I thrive.  Creative writing and literature classes helped me find my voice as a writer and taught to me to write unapologetically. Technical classes taught me to write with authority, and be an advocate for truth and freedom.  

I am blessed to be able to turn my passion for writing and my love for activism, fashion, entertainment and art into a profession.  As editor of CilaneNior Print I am dedicated to the reader.  Every edition will serve as an arena for people to express their creativity through elegance, talent and fervor, while taking you on a journey of four young women who decided to make their dreams reality 

I look forward to the challenge and the beauty of growth.

Jae 

John Jakes

No comments:

Post a Comment